The benefits of following a healthy exercise plan not only keep us feeling confident and good about ourselves, but getting your daily sweat and fueling your body with nutrients (instead of junk that can wreak havoc on your insides) keep your entire body functioning at peak levels, including your beautiful, beaming face. We all have different routines to keep our skin bright and made up at times, but its always fun to mix it up a bit and see what works! So we asked our instructors what their top five favorite products are to keep them on the go from studio to life as quickly as possible! Plus we asked, what song right now makes you want to get up and sweat?
- Cetaphil Facial Cleanser (so cheap & so good!)
- Clarisonic Cleansing Device (a sweataholics lifesaver!!)
- SkinCeuticals Serums (a worthy splurge!)
- Bobbi Brown Nude Collection Shadows
- The darkest black mascara I can get my hands on!!!
- Favorite makeup product: MAC paints for under eyeshadow – I swear by it, even if you’re a sweaty mess, your eyeshadow will still look good!
- Skincare: Clarisonic Cleansing Brush, Retin-A gel
- Claudio Riaz Instant Face and Instant Face brush:
- Francie and I met Claudio at Barney’s in Chicago and he turned us on to this. We told Emily at Standard Style about it and now they sell it. It’s an all-over bronzer/brightener that is a mix of 7 diff shades and uses the big square brush to swipe the color and apply. IT”S THE BOMB!!
- For eyeshadow quads and lip gloss:
- CHANEL – there’s nothing better. The sticky glosses have great staying power and the eyeshadows are the most amazing combos of colors that last forever.
- Cream Eyeshadow that stays on when your sweating at the gym or on the beach:
- Mac paint pots and Shishedo pots. They both have a variety of nice neutral shades that you can swipe on with your finger or a brush and they stay in place- even after 2 Fusion classes!
- Cle de peau for daytime and Nars and/or Bobbi Brown brightening concealer for nighttime.
- Skin Cleanser:
- I use Cetaphil and my Clarisonic. I make all of my boys use a clarisonic too: it works SO well. I use Rodan and Fields exfoliator paste for exfoliating a couple times a week.
- Chanel or Loreal – depending on the color you want. Loreal has some great neutrals for daytime wear, and Chanel has those darker sexy colors for night.
- Laura Mercier or Jouer tinted moisturizer for every day, and Cle de Peau foundation for going out at night.
- I use the Vitamin C serum eveyday and it’s made by Dr. Hannah Vargas (she’s local and also does my botox/fillers). Right now, I’m also into using TNS Serum every morning. For day cream I use Phytomer XMF Pionniere or La Mer. For eye cream, I use La Mer eye serum and eye balm. For night cream: Vivierskin Platine. During the winter I will rotate Retinol cream with my regular night cream. For Face Sunscreen, I like Skinceuticals because it give total protection to your face without leaving that weird white “veil” that some do. I also get hydrafacials once a month at Dr Vargas’ office.
- Self tanners:
- If I’m on my game, I get a GLOW tan from Kris Mantel because she hand-mixes the color depending on your skin and how dark you want to be. If I’m attempting a do-it-youself body tan, I like Loreal with the 360 degree nozzle bec you can hold it upside and get your whole body. For face self-tanners, I don’t like the ones that make you instantly bronze, bec I think it makes your skin look dirty… so I use Jergens daily self-tan face cream. I use it about every other night or so- that way I don’t look so scary when I’m working out with no make-up.
- Skin Fitness Oxygen Serum – Absolutely will change the way your skin looks – I mix it with other serums or use it alone. Hydrates and almost plumps the skin.
- Tarte Cheek Stain – This makes your cheeks look dewy and glowy. I use it every single day.
- Smashbox BB cream – I’m not a fan of foundation, it makes me feel like my skin is suffocating … but this gives just enough coverage and moisturizes your skin.
- MAC Bronzer – If I were on Survivor, this would be my one luxury item. Everybody looks better with a tan!
- Bare Minerals Buxom Lipgloss – It tingles on your lips – super addictive.
Favorite workout song… varies on the class I’m teaching but this week I’m digging Calvin Harris Blame
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner: Makes me feel so clean!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum: Antioxidants … yes, please!
- Josie Maran’s Argan Oil: NO MORE dry winter skin… hopefully… we’ll see…
- Nars Blush/Bronze Duo: Oldie but goodie for me.